Hair is an indispensable asset of our appearance. Since antiquity, both men and women paid special attention to hair care, with hairstyle often being associated to a particular social class. However, since ancient times, mainly men have faced the problem of hair loss in their adulthood, with a negative impact on their appearance and psychology. So, for centuries people have resorted to wigs, hats and scarves to mask over the problem, especially in a wider social setting.
FUE Hair Transplantation
Modern technology offers the people dealing with hair loss the chance to transplant hairs from a donor zone (area without a problem) to a receptor zone (area with problem of hair loss) by transferring hair follicles, a procedure known as FUE method (Follicular Unit Extraction).
A consultation is needed to attain a personalized approach that guarantees a successful final result , fully adapted to patient’s profile.
- Patient’s age
- Extent of thinning and hair loss of the receptor zone.
- Suitability of donor area (available hair follicles).
- Patient’s expectations and objectives.
- Estimation of a possible future transplantation.
Parameters of optimum result:
- Patient’s medical profile according to the above-mentioned factors.
- Doctor’s knowledge and expertise
- Proper preoperative assessment and preparation of the transplantation procedure (patient’s shape of the face and symmetry of facial characteristics, estimation of the optimum coverage of the receptor area according to the extent of the problem and the availability of hair follicles, even distribution).
- Minimization of the consequences on both donor and receptor areas.
FUE method is a minimally invasive, quick, painless procedure without scars or cicatrices. The recovery is speedy and patients can immediately take up their usual activities. Hair growth appears gradually and complete results can normally be attained in 12 months.
Book a consultation in DERMAFRESH with our doctor and take the first step to change your life for the better.