What is Genital Herpes?
Genital Herpes is the viral infection by the herpes simplex virus (HSV type-1 and type-2).
After the initial infection HSV remains dormant (asymptomatic) in the nerve fibers of the infectious area. Transmission may occur through sexual intercourse, even when lesions are not apparent. Stress or defects in the body’s ability to fight disease may lead to recrudescence (milder form).
Mostly young people are infected, as well as sexually active adults. Black-skinned people are more susceptible to herpes, compared to white-skinned ones.
Symptoms typically include blisters and vesicles that erode and form polycyclic ulcers. Ache and burning sensation coexist. Complications may include: urinary retention, fever, ejaculation problems, constipation, lymphadenitis. The patient often experiences psychological problems due to the fear of social stigmatization and the possibility of transmitting the disease to his/her mate.
1. Oral administration of antiviral medication (for primary eruption, recurrent eruption and suppressive therapy for frequent eruption- more than 6 eruptions yearly)
2. Analgesics in case of ache.
3. Topical antiviral or antibiotic medication.
4. Special antimicrobial cleansers.
- HAND ECZEMA
- Clinic Dermatology
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- AESTHETIC DERMATOLOGY
- Unwanted hair removal with laser Alexandrite
- EMBEDDED THREADS (LIFTING THREADS)
- Hyaluronic acid
- BOTULINUM TOXIN
- MESOTHERAPY FOR CELLULITE TREATMENT
- Autologous therapy
- Micro Needling
- TATTOO REMOVAL
- Hair transplantation
- Autologous-Mesotherapy – PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
- Fractional CO2 Laser
- ABOUT US